The Services of Dhulikhel Hospital
The Hospital site is located in Dhulikhel, the district headquarters of
Kavre District, 30 kilometers north of Kathmandu. It comprises 93 Village
Development Committees and 2 municipalities with a combined population of
485,000. Dhulikhel itself has nea The catchment area for this hospital will
be the Kavre District as well as neighbouring districts comprising a population
over one million.
- To provide quality health services to the general population at a
- To serve as a referral hospital for the sorrounding communities.
- .To provide training and IEC (Information, Education, Communication)
services to health proffessionals and others. . To carry out research in
health and related fields as an academic hospital.
- .To run sustainable community health programmes in the sorrounding
- .To cooperate with other GOs and NGOs to coordinate and strengthen
existing health programmes.
- .To run a hospital that is planned and managed by the community.
Management and Coordination
Dhulikhel Hospital grew from the dreams and commitment of local people,
NepaliMed's cooperation and with the help of the local Municipality. It
has an autonomous governing board consisting of members from the above organizations
along with the founder of service approach
Back to the top home page of Dhulikhel Hospital